Digital marketing, also called online marketing, uses online channels, electronics, and digital technologies to promote a business, person, product, or service to an online audience.
Digital marketing contains strategies such as search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, pay per click marketing (PPC), social media marketing, email marketing, and web design. Marketing through these channels is important in building brand awareness, generating website traffic, attracting professional leads, increasing leads, driving sales, reducing customer noise, and improving overall customer satisfaction.
Why use digital marketing?
Digital marketing is one of the fastest growing marketing strategies in the world and has been around for many years. According to Forrester, companies will soon invest more than $ 140 billion a year in digital marketing.
Online marketing is a powerful, inexpensive, and transparent solution for all businesses as it is customized for almost every budget and industry. With digital marketing, many strategies can work together and benefit each other. Allows advanced self-identification and tracking options, accurate campaign tracking and evaluation, and continuous campaign performance response.
Digital marketing channels and strategies
Digital marketing incorporates a variety of strategies that use online channels and digital technologies. Common digital marketing strategies include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO helps your website rank well in the search results of relevant keywords that increase the value and quality of your website traffic.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) Advertising: PPC ads are online ads from search engine results pages such as paid search results, social media as social media ads, and other websites as display ads. With PPC management and PPC ads, you set a budget, and your budget is only reduced based on clicks.
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing is available on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. By regularly posting on social media, a company or individual can create product awareness and engage with their audience.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is the practice of creating website content to bring traffic to your site, increase brand awareness, and ultimately drive sales. Types of content include blog posts, white papers, infographics, and videos.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing involves sending email newsletters, promotional emails, and other email campaigns to subscribers and customers. Through email marketing, a company or business can grow leaders, keep them in mind, and create product awareness.
Creating a digital marketing plan
In order to grow your business and compete effectively with your competitors in the 21st century, you need to have a digital marketing plan. Here’s how to create one in six steps.
- Define your product: Describe the input and output of your product to begin to downgrade your target audience.
- Create buyer persons: Find out who your potential customers are, when they spend their time online, and what their interests are.
- Set your own marketing goals: Explain what you want to achieve with your digital marketing strategy and how you plan to measure your success.
- Choose your marketing strategies: Now that you know who you will be targeting and what you need to achieve, choose the best platform to achieve these goals.
- Set Your Budget: Define your budget and how you will share it as part of your digital marketing strategy.
- Evaluate results: Get key performance indicators (KPIs) and set up ways to track the success of your campaigns.
Digital marketing analytics
Digital marketing analytics are a practice of measuring, managing, and analyzing the performance of your marketing campaigns.
Marketing analytics include processes and technologies that allow you to analyze and improve your digital marketing campaigns. Tracking and analyzing your marketing is important because it enables you to summarize your marketing efforts, show which strategies work, show trends over time, and better plan for the future.
Working with digital marketing agency
What does digital marketing agency do?
Digital vendors working in office computers A digital marketing agency completes research, creates digital marketing strategies, implements these strategies, and tracks its results. They may offer services such as SEO, PPC, social media marketing, web design, and more. Full-service digital marketing agencies provide a complete set of services, while other types of agencies focus on one or two channels.
Why work with an online marketing agency?
Working with a digital marketing agency has many benefits as they have the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to develop strategies that drive high results. You can also get results faster than you should have done everything yourself. During this time, you can focus on other important aspects of your business.
How to choose a digital marketing agency
When choosing a digital marketing agency, it is important to consider the following nine questions:
- Do they have good reviews online?
- Does the agency have customer testimonials?
- How does an online marketing agency strategy work?
- Does the agency have strong internal leadership?
- What kind of internal culture does this institution have?
- Is the agency growing or stopping?
- Is the agency transparent in its pricing and reporting?
- Does the agency have a positive attitude and good communication?
- Does the agency deliver results and work consistently?
Want to learn more about digital marketing from the Xekera Systems team? Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest trends, marketing tips, digital marketing technologies, and more!